• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Warstone Lane Stall and possible Grave location information, Saturday 28th October 2023.

Strawberry Hunter

master brummie
I'm booked in for this, I have a list of the grave locations, hopefully there will be enough knowledgeable people there to help with the location.

I will post to let you know how I get on.

I managed to find 8 of the graves out of the 9 that are buried in Warstone Lane. At least I know where they are now. It was very interesting and there were lots of people there for the tours, but I'd been on a tour a few weeks ago.

No, I knew that there weren't any headstones. I have researched that, so I just wanted to find the areas that the graves were in. Yes it is nice there, especially since the work on the catacombs and the laying of the stones to mark the site of the chapel have been laid.

Yes most of mine are public graves too.

Well done Strawberry Hunter. Some years ago I had real difficulty finding my 3x gt grandfather's grave and that of his son buried nearby. I got in touch with Handsworth who were looking after Warstone then and the lady I spoke to gave me wrong information so that led me astray. I've located the graves now and I agree, stones or no stones, it's nice to know where they're laid to rest.

Oh no Lady P, what a shame that you were given the wrong info. I suppose that happens sometimes, but upsetting all the same. That's the reason why I decided to just look at the area of burial and not really the actual plot. I know from chatting to people at the meets that it's very difficult to precisely locate the graves.

Back