• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Warstone Lane Cemetery

Hi can anyone help me please-my great great grandmother - Esther Hudson is interred at Warstone Lane Cemetary. I have the information from the burial site - as 91436 - Jan 1930. Plot 1429 P (I think its a P). I beleive there is a P section - but I dont even know if there is a headstone. Is there a map or record of the graves anywhere?. I'd like to visit but I really don't have a clue about how to go about finding where she is buried.

I have a little bit of a family mystery and I'm hoping that there will be more info on the gravestone if there is one as the death certificate is odd. Definitely the right person - but there is some odd information.
Hi Lyly, I have searched the burial records on jQRT.org and she is buried in section P grave 1427. I have looked at the section plan also on this free website, and the grave is right against the wall in section P. The two lines of graves from the wall along section P were unmarked graves used for public burials, and there are no gravestones in that area I'm afraid, but the website does list Esther's name as Esther E D Hudson if that helps you.1427.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Lyly, I have searched the burial records on jQRT.org and she is buried in section P grave 1427. I have looked at the section plan also on this free website, and the grave is right against the wall in section P. The two lines of graves from the wall along section P were unmarked graves used for public burials, and there are no gravestones in that area I'm afraid, but the website does list Esther's name as Esther E D Hudson if that helps you.View attachment 185449
Thank you so much

Hi can anyone help me please-my great great grandmother - Esther Hudson is interred at Warstone Lane Cemetary. I have the information from the burial site - as 91436 - Jan 1930. Plot 1429 P (I think its a P). I beleive there is a P section - but I dont even know if there is a headstone. Is there a map or record of the graves anywhere?. I'd like to visit but I really don't have a clue about how to go about finding where she is buried.

I have a little bit of a family mystery and I'm hoping that there will be more info on the gravestone if there is one as the death certificate is odd. Definitely the right person - but there is some odd information.
Although there will be no gravestone the 'Friends of Warstone Lane and Key Hill cemeteries' are doing an open day in the cemetery on Saturday, and they might be able to help you find where the grave is.

Back