• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Warren Farm High School Dulwich Road Secondary School

M

MichelleGannon

Hello, does anybody have any photos from Warren Farm High School between 1965 - 1969 please? Thanks a lot. Michelle Gannon. :p

In response to your posting Michelle (Hi there by the way). Haven't any photos, but I did go to the high school in 1961 to 1963 which I know was before your time. I took a pre nursing course there for 2 years. We had a headmistress, but am blowed as to what her name was. Any memories we can share?
Lynda

Hi my mom and dad both went there. My dad is Paul Gannon and my mom is Teresa Gannon (used to be Barrett). She has three brothers who also went there, Bob,Tom and Michael Barrett. You may have knew them? ???

Warren Farm School

Does any one have photos of Warren Farm Road School in the late 50s.. also present day please . I do not get over to Brum much these days....:|

photos

There are some photos on Friends reunited. You have to join and log in though. x

Dulwich Road Girls Secondary Modern. I think it is now a Leisure Centre.

Don't remember a badge whilst I was there, but one year I have a black beret.

Miriam.

Didn't anyone go to Dulwich Road Secondary Modern School for girls except me!! Miriam

Edit. Extract from British History Online

WARREN FARM BOYS' COUNTY MODERN SCHOOL; WARREN FARM GIRLS' COUNTY MODERN SCHOOL, Kingstanding.(27) Dulwich Rd. Cty. Modern Schs. became separate schs. 1945 (see preceding sch.).(21) Names changed 1954.(28) N.o.b. 1961: 340 B, 400 G.(27)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi although i have no photos i was at warren farm school during that period and would love to see some my names wendy taverner

Hi my aunt Jean Tipping went to warren farm Kingstanding and as she is the youngest her other sister may well have too, my grandparents moved to Hawthorne road kingstanding when my mom was 12, and my aunty Jean still lives in nan house. I have two photos of Warren Farm Road Kingstanding taken in 1966 and 1968, I will find them out and post them.
Have you tryed contacting Carl Chinns Brummagem Magazine, I know there have been storys and photos to do with kingstanding in past issues I will look in the back issues and post any thing I find.

Hi,
I was just on Facebook, there is a 'Kingstanding 1950's onwards' page, there are some really great pictures there.
This may already have been mentioned, but I thought I would mention it just in case.

hi guys
does anybody recall a couple of guys by the name of aston ; whom lived on kingstanding rd king standing
they went to warren farm rd king standing in the mid fifties they later moved to monument rd ladywood ; and i beleive in the latter part of the seventies john and vic moved to the saltley area of birmingham last sen standing out side tescos that used to be there by the gate pub ;
i would love to catch up with john ; and vic ;
best wishers astonian;;

hi jean tipping was in my class at warren farm used to go round with her my name then was angela phipps havent seen jean for at least 45 years hope she is well if you could say hello to her for me that would be greatx

We lived in Aylesbury Crescent and my Sister Susan Richardson Went to Warren Farm Girls and My Brother Peter Richardson Went to the boys school during the 60s. I was at Warren Farm Primary from 1962. I did not fancy going to Warren Farm Senior so went to Perry Beeches in Great Barr. Mrs. George the headmistress at the Juniors was a lovely person. Kingstanding was a good place to be in the 60s and early 70s.

Back