• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Ward End Hall School

Please..please please! Let there be someone somewhere on here who knows or remembers the Ward End Hall secondary school badge? I being an ex pupil also friend Steve Browne are organizing a school reunion for the 16th of THIS MONTH! It has three year groups.. 1979 - 1981. The idea was to duplicate the school badge in paper and laminate fashion (pin on). This would be enough to ID ex pupils. Has we will be amongst the locals.
I would be so grateful for any insight to the WEH badge.
ASAP.
yours sincerely Patricia

You could try Ward End library https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/cs/Sa...104730095&pagename=BCC/Common/Wrapper/Wrapper

Brumbrumbrum!,
A little bit late I'm afraid as I have only just come across this post, so too late for your reunion.
I too went to Ward End Hall Modern School, as it was originally known, in Northleigh Road. I joined in 1959 the year after it opened as a new school and left in 1964 having stayed on an extra year to take more exams. I have a copy of the Prize-giving programme for 1964 which also includes the school badge, although it is not in colour.
I have been told that there was a BBC Panorama programme about the school, something to do with the number of schools built, presumably to cater for the 'Baby Boom' following World WarII but I have never seen the programme and do not know whether copies of it exist, anyone else aware of this? Bill.

Has anyone ever come across any photos of Ward End Hall Secondary school? Unable to find any anywhere? Or a plan of the layout.

A map of containing the school (1970s/80s) would also be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Has anyone ever come across any photos of Ward End Hall Secondary school? Unable to find any anywhere? Or a plan of the layout.

Many thanks.

Many thanks.
I have some photos of the opening and demollishing

Pupils from the school in 1966 at the Council House. Viv.

12BEC599-475A-4394-A0DF-C711E80145F8.jpeg
Source: British Newspaper Archive

Aged 13yrs we moved to Ward End from Small Heath and I went to Ward End Hall Secondary Modern School too, and also stayed on an extra year to take CSE exams, and luckily, or not now, was allowed to give up maths. Hope one day someone finds photos of the school.

Would be nice to see your photos.
I went to Ward End Hall School from 1965 to 1970 anyone on here Went there in that same period..I remember names like Linda Cunningham, John Binns, Dave Tomlinson, Billy Mitton, Jean Whelan.We had teachers such as Hewitt ,Drew, Miss Bayliss and the headmaster Mr Haines.We lived in Overpool Road.Anyone from that era on here ? If so please get in touch, as relatively new to this

I went to Ward End Hall School from 1965 to 1970 anyone on here Went there in that same period..I remember names like Linda Cunningham, John Binns, Dave Tomlinson, Billy Mitton, Jean Whelan.We had teachers such as Hewitt ,Drew, Miss Bayliss and the headmaster Mr Haines.We lived in Overpool Road.Anyone from that era on here ? If so please get in touch, as relatively new to this
I went to Ward End Hall from 1964, as we had just moved home to there when I was 13years old. I left after staying on a year to get my CSE's and still have my leaving school certificate from Mr Haines, who would get me to cover the secretarys job when she was away. I was a prefect, sporty and enjoyed art.

I went to Ward End Hall later sixties & with the first group to stay on an extra year and got my CSE's. I still have my school leaving Certificate signed by the head teacher, Mr Hayne.
This is a comprehensive site with photos (including the school - originally called Ingleton Road school))

That's a different school, infants and junior I think. Ward End Hall school was on Northleigh Road.

Back