• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

War Memorials

Baptism record for Albert Edward Smith son of Francis and Mary Ann born 6 July 1901 and baptised at Immanuel Church 28 July 1901.

I agree except it does give his "alleged" birth date - some vicars did record both. So no need to buy the birth cert. I also found baptism records for Mary Ann (1891), Harold (1894), Stanley (b 1897 and baptised 1899), Daisy (1899) and Albert.

Hello to you all, Ive not looked in for a while as I have been persuing other avenues.
This is fantastic news! I am really impressed, these are definately 'my Smiths' ; Harold is my grandfather, His brother Stanley was born in USA, the explanation of his baptisim two years later, the family returned to Birmingham, which is why various records have him as 'resident of USA'.

The name Daisy is new to me, where does she come into this?

David

Another family member checked out Daisy on Ancestory, yes another Smith we had no knowledge of.
So another big thank you to all of you who have looked.

David

Back