• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Walter H Middleton daughter info

i do have some but not of the people you are looking for. I will happily send you photos of the closest relatives of Ethel that i have. i will send by pm if that's ok G

I don’t know much about military, so does anyone know if the uniform on the original photo belongs to WW1or WW2. I think it the royal Warwickshire regiment.

It does look like Royal Warwicks. Given Walter's dob as 1901 he is unlikely to have served in WW1 bt I assumed from the statement "in the military" that he had enlisted as a regular soldier.

It does look like Royal Warwicks. Given Walter's dob as 1901 he is unlikely to have served in WW1 bt I assumed from the statement "in the military" that he had enlisted as a regular soldier.
Yes, that’s the reason I am asking the question, just to clarify that we have the right Walter. Thanks G

Yes, that’s the reason I am asking the question, just to clarify that we have the right Walter. Thanks G
Does anyone know what Harriet Anne Chadwick's mother's surname was? Her name was Martha and i can find a Holmes surname, married to a James Chadwick. I know her name is martha as my great aunt told me. Thank you

Does anyone know what Harriet Anne Chadwick's mother's surname was? Her name was Martha and i can find a Holmes surname, married to a James Chadwick. I know her name is martha as my great aunt told me. Thank you
Also my great aunt is sure her grandad was called james.

I think Harriet's parents were William Chadwick and Martha Ann Harvey or Harvey-Barnes.

Harriet is listed with mmn Harvey. There is also a Clara Lilian Chadwick with mmn Harvey and for her there is a baptism and parents are listed as William and Martha Ann.

There doesn't appear to be a marriage for a William Chadwick and a Martha Ann Harvey but there one for a William Chadwick and a Martha Ann H Barnes.

And there is a birth listed for an Albert L Chadwick with mmn Harvey-Barnes.

William Chadwick age 20(father William) married Martha Ann Harvey Barnes age 19( father Joseph henry)on dec 17th 1899.
All saints Parish church Hockley, their address Hingeston Street.( Martha was born Tewkesbury 1880)
William Chadwicks , service record WW1,has wife Martha A H Chadwick at New Buildings, Legge Lane, birmingham.
Children,
William, 1900,
Elizabeth 1902
Rose 1903
Annie 1906
Clara lilian 1910
Joseph Henry 1911

they also had
Walter 1914
Dora 1918
Evelyn 1920
George 1923
Jenny 1924

William was in the Royal artillery, he enlisted August 15th 1914, he served 4 year 68 days, he was 5ft 3/4 ins ,had brown eyes and dark brown hair,

The Harvey-Barnes appears to come about because Martha's father Joseph seems to have been the illegitimate son of an Ann Harvey who subsequently married a Samuel Barnes.

Joseph was baptised in February 1844 and, Ann and Samuel were married in the August. It is possible that Samuel is the father but Joseph was baptised a Harvey with mother's name listed and no father so probably not.

I would have slight a doubt on William Chadwick's legitimacy as well even though he gives a father's name on his marriage.

I'm an ancestor of Samuel Barnes and Ann Harvey and it became something of a custom to add "Harvey" as a middle-name to subsequent offspring, including my Nan, Clara, born 1900.

Back