• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Walter H Middleton daughter info

There is a family tree on Ancestry that has a lot of records that do not match each other it gives the wrong birthdate for Harriet annie and her birthplace as Liverpool( I have found her birth in birmingham) it names a daughter Elizabeth Hettie middleton born 1821 no record found , I can find no record nor any marriage Middleton/Chadwick and the family tree has no marriage.

1939 6 bk 186 Great Russell Street
Walter H Middleton b 26th Dec 1901
Annie H Middleton b 23rd Aug 1906
there are also 4 officially closed entries, could Hettie be the 4th amongst them.
There are 3 children that can be blacked out at the time the Register was compiled, Annie 1934,Walter H 1938 and Doreen M 1939
Names are blacked out when people were born less than 100 yrs ago and no offical death has been found.
Incidently there is a marriage of Walter H Middleton to Ethel A Morrell in Dec qtr 1921
reference Vol 6d page 1008.
Walter H Middleton married my fathers aunt Ethel Morroll. One of the daughters was Ethel M Middleton

Walter h middleton (the father) was born in poplar london. His dad was also called walter and his mum was Annie Pill.

The Walter Middleton registered in Poplar the son of Walter Middleton and Annie Pill appears to be a Walter John David Middleton. He dies in Essex in 1965.

Fern , this doesn't answer your question about Hetti but it might concentrate your search in Birmingham because there are many errors on Ancestry family tree for this couple, quoting Poplar and Liverpool for them.
We know from 1939 that Walter was born 26th Dec 1901 and Harriet Annie 23 Aug 1906
There are 2 births on record for Birmingham that fit this
Walter Henry Middleton, March qtr 1902 this would contain births for dec 1901
Harriet Annie Chadwick Dec qrt 1906 this would contain births for august
If you were to get the certificates this would start the basis for your search
If you give the exact birthdates as a criteria you will not be paying for ones that are incorrect.

Does the info/family tree provided by Grea suggest that Walter Henry Middleton married Ethel Amy Morrell before 'marrying' Harriet Annie Chadwick?

And if so then could the Ettie be their daughter Ethel as I think Grea is suggesting?

Thank you all this is very eye opening and helpful. I have adjusted my family tree, but yes you must be right that middleton and chadwick didn't get married, although i did find a census with both on there and their status was married. It was just the 2 of them at this time. I'll have to check my tree again for the census date.

This post was a reply to the previous post which has now been deleted:

Not sure about this - there is a Harriet A Chadwick on the 1939 register with dob of 12 Nov 1928 not 1927. That person seems to have come into the country in 1934 having been born in the USA. On the 1939 reg she is living with parents Eddie and Hilda plus siblings Beatrice and James. These names all match the passenger list. The strange thing is that their proposed address was Henson Lane MIDDLETON.
In 1950 Eddie, Hilda and Harriet are at Hams Road on the e roll.
I found her on 1939 census but only states married, and found walter on same census too. But not together on same census. Chadwick married alfred jones in 1958 and had 2 sons with him.

The Annie Chadwick who marries Alfred Jones in 1958 (Coventry) listed both as Chadwick and Gratrix, was an Annie Budgen who married a John Chadwick (1920) and then a Frank Gratrix (1947).

She is on the 1939 register living in Salford with John Chadwick with the names Chadwick, Gratrix and Jones b1898. So any Jones/Chadwick children are not hers.

I was about to say if Annie was born in 1906 it was not very likely that she had any chidren after 1958.

The Annie Chadwick who marries Alfred Jones in 1958 (Coventry) listed both as Chadwick and Gratrix, was an Annie Budgen who married a John Chadwick (1920) and then a Frank Gratrix (1947).

She is on the 1939 register living in Salford with John Chadwick with the names Chadwick, Gratrix and Jones b1898. So any Jones/Chadwick children are not hers.
As a chadwick. The boys were born 1944 and 1947.

Ok, Harriet 'married' Alfred Jones and had 2 children. There is a death for Harriet Ann Jones 1974 Bham. Dob 23 Aug 1906 which matches that of Annie H Middleton on the 1939 register.

The 1958 marriage isn't theirs though.

Ok, Harriet 'married' Alfred Jones and had 2 children. There is a death for Harriet Ann Jones 1974 Bham. Dob 23 Aug 1906 which matches that of Annie H Middleton on the 1939 register.

The 1958 marriage isn't theirs though.
Maybe the 1958 marriage was the child Alfred jones?

Back