• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

walsall FC

Dianne

master brummie
Hi everyone,

Walsall football club- my 6 year old Grandson has just been invited to train with their " under 7's team" , he was "spotted" abt three weeks ago and parents were invited to bring him to the club, he is enjoying it despite his earlier reservations - as he is a "bluenose" - I cannot name him but please be upstanding for the new "Beckham"!!! - I am so proud of my little soldier !!!!!

Keep right on !!

Diane what wonderful news. I know you are proud and I wish him the very best. They seem so little at six to be going training but they have to start young now. I know you will be there with your rattle!

Woneful piece of news there Dianne. Thanks for sharing it. You must be on cloud nine at the moment. Barry.

Hi Bazz

Yes both myself ,his parents as indeed all the family are awaiting the announcement from Walsall that the new Gerrard/Beckham/Rooney has been discovered !

I am soooooo proud of him, he loves his football and has never been pushed into it - he does appear to be a "natural" and is very modest about it all, he takes it in his stride as though it is an everyday thing to play footie

I wish him every success from a Villa Fan but you knew that didn't you

Hi Alf,

I didn't know you were a Villa Fan -last time I went to the Villa was to attend a presentation by BCCouncil but i must admit I was impressed .

I, as the rest of my family are "Bluenoses" - I will forgive you for falling about laughing (only on this one occasion mind) so don't push your luck !

Getting back to subject matter - My first Grandson is "a star" in the making - who knows Villa may try and sign him in the future ,..... but I have his assurance (probably cos I have told him no ice-cream from Nanny for 12 months) that he will never play for the Villa, his allegiance is to BCFC, Walsall and - ..Barcelona ?? (prob cos he is going to watch them play in July)!!!!

PS : I have lost all my smilies etc?

Back