• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Walls family

jjuj

master brummie
Hi, I am looking for the parents of Ellen Cooper b 1916 Birmingham. I think the mother is Ellen Elizabeth Walls b 1894 who was the sister of my grandmother Gertrude May Walls b 1898 Aston, but have been unable to find a marriage between her and a cooper!

Ellen Cooper married Christopher Birch 1935

If anyone can help I would be grateful.

Jean

Is this them..?
Marriages Jun 1935
Birch Christopher Cooper Birmingham 6d202
Cooper Ellen Birch Birmingham 6d202

Hi there,if you send for the birth cert,it will have parents (well at least the mother's) details on it.
Name:Ellen Cooper
Mother's Maiden Surname:Walls
Date of Registration:Oct Nov Dec 1916
Registration district:BirminghamRegistration county:WarwickshireVolume Number:6d Page Number:317

Hi there,In 1925,there is an Albert William and Ellen Elizabeth Cooper living at 20 Grosvenor Road,Aston,together with a William Cooper

Is this them..?
Marriages Jun 1935
Birch Christopher Cooper Birmingham 6d202
Cooper Ellen Birch Birmingham 6d202
Yes, That's them. I am pretty sure her mother was Ellen Elizabeth Walls. My uncle cannot remember his uncles christian name, which is a shame, but he is nearly 90

Hi there,In 1925,there is an Albert William and Ellen Elizabeth Cooper living at 20 Grosvenor Road,Aston,together with a William Cooper
Thank you. I'm not sure if a birth certificate will help at the moment, as I am pretty sure who her mother is. I will ask my uncle if he recollects an Albert or a William, which could be a break through.

This looks like the Cooper -Walls marriage
Marriages Mar 1909
COOPER Edwin Birmingham 6d104
WALLS Nellie Ellen Birmingham 6d104

(I think the name Ellen has been miss transcribed because Ellen & Nellie are in fact the same name just in different form.
This lady may have been known as Nellie, as a lot of Ellen's/Helen's were.
So should possibly read... Nellie Eliza, for Ellen Elizabeth)

These look like the birth Registration of two of Ellen's siblings
Births Jun 1912
Cooper William H mother Walls Birmingham 6d178
Births Mar 1915
Cooper Henry mother Walls Birmingham 6d334
Births Dec 1916
Cooper Ellen mother Walls Birmingham
6d317

Pom/Chris :angel:

Thanks Chris. You are correct. Ellen was known as aunt Nell or Nellie to her family and friends. I remember her having a brother Henry, so it looks very much like you have found the correct family. :beam:

Is it possible to find the birth dates for Ellen & Christopher Birche's 4 children? George who died as a baby in England, Patricia, Eva and Carol. The family emigrated to USA in the 50's and we have lost touch with them since my mother died.:(

Thank you again for all your help

Jean/jjuj

George C Birch
Mother's Maiden Surname: Cooper
Date of Registration: Apr May Jun 1938
Registration district: Birmingham,Registration county:Warwickshire
Volume Number:6d,Page 253
Thora P Birch
Date of Registration:Jan Feb Mar 1936
Registration district:Birmingham,Registration county:Warwickshire
Volume Number:6d,Page:375
Eva G Birch
Date of Registration:Apr May Jun 1941
Registration district:Birmingham,Registration county:Warwickshire
Volume Number:6d,Page 207
Carole A Birch
Date of Registration:Jan Feb Mar 1948
Registration district: Birmingham,Registration county:Warwickshire
Volume Number:9c,Page 300

That's wonderful. Thank you so much. Just one of my second cousins are still living, as of 5 years ago. If I don't find her at least they will be in the family tree.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back