• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Wallace Nellie AKA Eleanor Jane Wallis Tayler!

Frank Parker

https://frankparker.website
It as been a while since I went on this website (longer than I thought) and last time i cam on here I was looking for any links that I have been told I may have between my family and Nellie Wallace? I did get this message sent me but I don't think that person is on here anymore?

"I notice you are looking for details of Nellie Wallace. Firstly Nellie was my great great grandmother. Nellie wallace being her stage name only, her real name was Eleanor Jane Wallis Tayler she was born 18 Mar 1870 Hutchensontown, Glasgow and died 24 Nov 1948 Highgate, London, England. Her parents were Francis George Tayler 1834 London & Eleanor Anne Fromow 1834 Norwich. Eleanor (Nellie) had several siblings Sisters : Emma Adelaide Alexadrina Tayler b 16 Apr 1865 Tradeston, Glasgow, Fanny Eleanor Tayler b 1867 Newcastle Upon Tyne, Northumberland, and brother : George Stephen Tayler b1869 Glasgow. She originally starred alongside her sisters as a dance troupe called the sisters Wallace. Nellie's mother was a teacher, governess and minor actress in her own right and Nellies father was a vocalist and musician.
I also notice that you think she may be related to the "Parkers" on your fathers side. I have to tell you that I have this branch of my tree going back to the 1500's and have just checked but no sign of any Parker family linked to Nellie. If you have any ideas, I'm happy to look at my tree again for you and if I can be of any help please let me know.
Regards
John Lovell"

If there is no link between Nellie and any Parker's then I can only presume there is a link between Nellie and any Percival's (My Dad's Mom's side)?

Can anyone help? All I know is my Dad as always been told there is a connection somewhere?

Thank you. :)

Back