• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Walk of stars

Re: Walk Of Stars Brum

I am so glad that Julie made the walk of stars cos i think she is brilliant..but I think it's about time our Graham got some votes..I am sure that there are enough members on the forum to get together to tell Birmingham council that Graham Webb is a true Brummie and it is a crying shame that he is recognized in Belgium but has no mention in Brum .
Taking nothing away from Julie but she was I think from the Black Country ,,,Graham IS a Brummie

Last edited:

Thanks Maggie! I think that Julie deserves her place on the walk. Graham.

Yes Graham I agree with ya ..Julie does deserve her place.. I think she is lovely..but I think it is about time that we recognize that Brum has got people that have made it through sheer hard work and determination to become famous in their own right..Graham please do not take this wrong..but a lad that grew up in the "slums"and goes on to get the results you did gets my vote everytime

Noddy Holder is not a Brummie !.......He lived on Beechdale estate Walsall a mile from where I live. most of Slade were Black Country.
Mike.

Ossie Osbourne was the first recipient of a star on the Walk of Stars. From that moment I lost interest in the Walk of Stars as I cannot consider that foul mouthed illeterate man, with the rest of his disfuntional family, any sort of star at all. If he is the best that Birmingham can produce then God help us.

However, if we must have a Walk of Stars how about Field Marshall Sir William Slim the leader of The Forgotten Army for starters?

Old Boy

Ossie Osbourne was the first recipient of a star on the Walk of Stars. From that moment I lost interest in the Walk of Stars as I cannot consider that foul mouthed illeterate man, with the rest of his disfuntional family, any sort of star at all. If he is the best that Birmingham can produce then God help us.

However, if we must have a Walk of Stars how about Field Marshall Sir William Slim the leader of The Forgotten Army for starters?

Old Boy

Only people alive can have a star

What about Raymond Froggatt, Jeff Lynne and Roy Wood, they all deserve to be there dont you think?

Great suggestions Nicki. I knew Jeff Lynne as a teenager and he was a really nice guy. He is an amazing musician and song writer so he defiantly gets my vote. I also agree with Woody and Raymond Froggatt especially because they are still performing around Brum

Hi All,

To my mind the Walk of Stars has now become laughable. Today it has been announced that the next recipient will be Chris Tarrant. I have nothing against Chris but his connection with Birmingham is very slight. He was born in Reading, educated in Worcester but, yes, he did attend Birmingham University. So did Victoria Wood who I consider a bigger star than Chris. It seems that the honour is no longer restricted to true Brummies and is, therefore, Pointless.

Old Boy

Maggie we could bombard Ed Doolan on face book and see if he will promote it. I know quite a few are on his friends list. Jean.

Hey Maggs make it early as I will be galivanting later. How that for an old word then. Mind you don't know to spell it. Jean.

Great suggestions Nicki. I knew Jeff Lynne as a teenager and he was a really nice guy. He is an amazing musician and song writer so he defiantly gets my vote. I also agree with Woody and Raymond Froggatt especially because they are still performing around Brum

Froggie yes

The REAL STAR who should be on the walk of stars, will never be found there because the people who have the final say own nearly all of Broad St, so they choose entertainment candidates.
The REAL STAR of Birmingham is World Champion, Graham Webb, but hey , who cares ?
WE CARE, THATS WHO !
BIRMINGHAM, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER.

Chris Tarrant isn't even from Brum and all he did was start off by flinging custard pies on a kiddies tv programme. It should be the people of Brum who choose not those as Postie said own half of Broad street. Never mind Graham is a star in our eyes. Jean.

As another great Birmingham Jazz and Blues Festival draws to a close I think Jim Simpson should get a star for organising them for the past 26th years.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sparks68/sets/72157604458203878/

This is my photoset featuring 15 Stars from the Broad Street Walk of Stars. Blues, Villa, WBA and Walsall all get featured as well as Gary Newbon and Murray Walker from the World of Sport, along with stars of TV, Radio and music. Missing 2 at the moment (Joan Armatrading & Beverley Knight) but not sure they have been set in the pavement yet.

yes ozzy does have a star he got his three years ago, i think he was the first to get one. If we are suggesting people of birmingham who should get a star what about martin shaw he went to great barr school so i now he is a brummie

Back