• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Waggon and Horses - High Street Aston

thanks keiron will have a look tomorrow as ive got the grandson here tonight..

lyn

Yes the wagon and horses brings back memories for me back in the late 60s.I was waiting for my mum to come out of the hippodrum where she was playing bingo (who by the way should not of been in there)when I seen my dad walking down the high street he must of finished work early and I knew my mum would be in trouble if she was not home when he got home.But as luck have it he went straight into the wagon and horses.when my mum came out of the bingo hall I told her dad was in the pub so when we passed the pub going home to bracebridge street we both had to bend down as we went pass the pub so our dad could not see us through the windows and then we scarpered home.Also I remember going in the Dog and Duck once with my auntie as you walked in I'm sure there was a door to the right that led you in to a small room which I assume was an outdoor cus my aunt asked for a bloody Mary and a pac of crisps for me .I thought she was swearing to the man until she told me it was the name of the drink.She drank the drink quickly and we then carried on shopping .Yes fond memories!

Yes the wagon and horses brings back memories for me back in the late 60s.I was waiting for my mum to come out of the hippodrum where she was playing bingo (who by the way should not of been in there)when I seen my dad walking down the high street he must of finished work early and I knew my mum would be in trouble if she was not home when he got home.But as luck have it he went straight into the wagon and horses.when my mum came out of the bingo hall I told her dad was in the pub so when we passed the pub going home to bracebridge street we both had to bend down as we went pass the pub so our dad could not see us through the windows and then we scarpered home.Also I remember going in the Dog and Duck once with my auntie as you walked in I'm sure there was a door to the right that led you in to a small room which I assume was an outdoor cus my aunt asked for a bloody Mary and a pac of crisps for me .I thought she was swearing to the man until she told me it was the name of the drink.She drank the drink quickly and we then carried on shopping .Yes fond memories!
1582358550266.png:grinning:

Back