• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Wacaden Dairy Wathes Cattell & Gurden Dairy

Hi Sophie

As I only collect photos from sources that do not claim copyright issues as far as I know therefore as far as I am concerned there is no issue, but I can never be sure of the copyright position of any of them. I always post images under the proviso that on proof of a copyright issue I will remove it without hesitation. In your case published to a magazine that would be hard to do, so its up to yo if you use it or nor but being as the image is not mine you will see its not my place to give permission.
Thanks Phil, yes, we'll give that some thought. Do you happen to recall where you sourced this particular photo from? Thanks

Hi, all. My first post. I'm here because I just dug this beggar up in my garden in Redditch, and I'd never heard of them. Not really surprising, if they stopped trading about 20 years before I was born!

This one has a chip in the lip and I'm a bit annoyed about it, because I think I put it there with my shovel.

Coincidentally, I notice the original poster had lived on Birchfield Road. I'm just of Birchfield Road, but a different one, some 17 miles South of you!

IMG_9531.JPG

Hi, all. My first post. I'm here because I just dug this beggar up in my garden in Redditch, and I'd never heard of them. Not really surprising, if they stopped trading about 20 years before I was born!

This one has a chip in the lip and I'm a bit annoyed about it, because I think I put it there with my shovel.

Coincidentally, I notice the original poster had lived on Birchfield Road. I'm just of Birchfield Road, but a different one, some 17 miles South of you!

View attachment 159692
Hi and welcome to the forum. An intersting bottle. There are collectors of glass bottles but I have no idea what this one might be worth.
I have come across this in a Google search

View attachment 159692
welcome to the forum kdm great find and worth keeping

lyn

• Appreciate
Reactions: kdm
There are collectors of glass bottles but I have no idea what this one might be worth.

Hehe. I'm not that bothered about value. It's got its value to me now!
(I've seen a good one go for £14 on eBay!)
Why could I not dig up a classic car or a full 50 year old whisky barrel?

Hello all this is my first time on here so if I get it wrong then sorry to everyone my late father worked at wacaden,s in the late 1950,s
time I was born in 1960 does anyone remember him ? His name was Eric Dunn

Hello all this is my first time on here so if I get it wrong then sorry to everyone my late father worked at wacaden,s in the late 1950,s
Hi Annekh and welcome. I am sure there will be someone on the forum who remembers your dad. I remember a Carol Dunn from school.

Hi all sorry to ask but my late father worked at wacaden,s in the late 50,s his name was Eric Dunn does anyone remember him ?
Thank you in advance

Hi all sorry to ask but my late father worked at wacaden,s in the late 50,s his name was Eric Dunn does anyone remember him ?
Thank you in advance
hi annekh an welcome...where abouts in birmingham did your dad live as i would think there was more than 1 wacaden dairy...hope you enjoy the forum

lyn

Welcome annekh. I’ve moved your post to this specific thread about Wacaden, There may be earlier posts of interest. Post #16 gives a list of the depots in 1940. Viv.

Hi Annekh did he work at Kingstanding branch as when l worked there. there was an Eric working as as a checker l don't know his surname;

Hi Annekh did he work at Kingstanding branch as when l worked there. there was an Eric working as as a checker l don't know his surname;
it might have been him but he went on to have a son Andrew and daughter Pamela

Hello and happy new year to everyone....I don't post hear very often but the thread is fascinating i just found out from the 1921 census that my great great grandad worked at Wacaden Dairy Wathes Cattell and Gurden Dairy in grange rd small heath it seems that my connection to the world of dairy's and milk goes back a lot longer and some of my family were milk hawkers in earlier census records.

as a boy knew the Raven well, my school was across the road, like a lot of school boys of the day we worked a scam, on returned pop bottles, one of us would watch "cagey", and another would get over the wall and nick about 3, bottles from the stack, then go into the "Offy", to get a few pence on the returns, they caught on though a marked the returned bottles and caught us all, we got a good slippering from "Mother" Mary Martina, our head mistress!!

Hello. My father worked at the kingstanding branch many many years ago. This is my first time on the forum so will sort out the photos I have and see if I can put them on the site as my IT skills are limited. My father went on to open Crows nest Dairies in Aldridge Rd (Bob Gillett)

Hello. My father worked at the kingstanding branch many many years ago. This is my first time on the forum so will sort out the photos I have and see if I can put them on the site as my IT skills are limited. My father went on to open Crows nest Dairies in Aldridge Rd (Bob Gillett)
hi and welcome barbara...it would be great if you could add any photos to this thread....thanks

lyn

Back