• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Vyse Street JEWELLERS??

skylark

Proud to be a Brummie !!
I wonder if anyone can tell me how many (& names if possible) Jewellery factories there were in VYSE STREET around 1910 Please?? Many thanks, Margaret.

Probably 95 % or more of the buildings in Vyse St then were jewellery factories or workshops. What are you looking for?

Wow! Thank you guys for this info..I will stop looking right now!! Actually I am trying to help someone in NZ who had grandparents working in the jewellery trade in Vyse Street around 1910...all she knows is that the factory was divided into 3 sections called "A" "P" & "C" , she has no idea of the name of the firm which is why I posted my question. I don't suppose it is worth her buying a book on the jewellery quarter either other than it will give her an idea as to how these firms looked. Thank you for your help, I do appreciate it very much. Margaret.

Hopefully this will work and you will see two pages from the 1908 directory

Attachments

• Vyse Street 1909  part one.jpg
    Vyse Street 1909 part one.jpg
    554.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Vyse Street 1909  part two.jpg
    Vyse Street 1909 part two.jpg
    534.3 KB · Views: 20
Back