• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Vyse Street JEWELLERS??

skylark

Proud to be a Brummie !!
I wonder if anyone can tell me how many (& names if possible) Jewellery factories there were in VYSE STREET around 1910 Please?? Many thanks, Margaret.

mikejee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Probably 95 % or more of the buildings in Vyse St then were jewellery factories or workshops. What are you looking for?

skylark

Proud to be a Brummie !!
Wow! Thank you guys for this info..I will stop looking right now!! Actually I am trying to help someone in NZ who had grandparents working in the jewellery trade in Vyse Street around 1910...all she knows is that the factory was divided into 3 sections called "A" "P" & "C" , she has no idea of the name of the firm which is why I posted my question. I don't suppose it is worth her buying a book on the jewellery quarter either other than it will give her an idea as to how these firms looked. Thank you for your help, I do appreciate it very much. Margaret.

horsencart

master brummie
Hopefully this will work and you will see two pages from the 1908 directory

Attachments

• Vyse Street 1909  part one.jpg
    Vyse Street 1909 part one.jpg
    554.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Vyse Street 1909  part two.jpg
    Vyse Street 1909 part two.jpg
    534.3 KB · Views: 12