• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Visitors to our gardens

When our light went on one night I looked into the garden to see our cat pawing at a fox, which was crouched down almost into a ball!

Re cats in gardens, try menthol dribbling some menthol scented stuff where they usually go as I've heard cats actually run from that smell.

Harborne

jean...that looks like the heron that used to hang around in the garden next door to me..just sat there in the tree..havnt see him for ages...

lyn:)

Lyn there were two the other day and yesterday a younger bird. Did you look at the one in the tree a few posts back. Shame you didn't get a photo of the fox and cat Harborne?. Pete's brother had one in his garden for a few years and he slept with his cat at the bottom of his garden then he just stopped coming. Jean.

jean...last year the heron that hangs around here took at lease 30 fish from the neighbour accross the road..she has a massive pond with little waterfalls....maybe hes stopped calling as there are no fish left for him to swipe...lol

lyn

pete have you every try chilly power to keep cat off your veggies and flowers ??? its safe and inexpencive and best of all nontoxic an any cat that gets that stuff up it nose and on its paws isn't going to be very please and aint likely to come back any time soon just sprinkle it through out your garden .. the hotter the chilly the better annie

This is not in a garden but I thought you might find it amusing and amazing.:)Mo
Hope it works. [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNTw7GH325U"]YouTube - Amazing Bird Fishes Like A Human[/ame]

This is a photo of the frog that nearly was run over in the garage. He's safe and sound in the pool now. Jean.

smashing pic jean.one my goldy Llew brought a frog in the house.and the frog was screeming.a horrible noise,telling the dog to drop it.he did and the frog jumped about in the living room.untill i managed to catch it.it was ok.apart from fright.and lived in the shed. the latest thing the dog brought in was a hedghog i said were did you get the ball.before i tried to pick it up."should have gone to ****savers"he too was un hurt,during the night some wierd and wonderfull things come in the garden.the only things i hate are adders.

Thanks for that Pete. Brad chased after a hedgehog at the caravan but the hedgehog won. Usually frogs play possum and put their legs obn their backs when afraid. This frog let me pick him up and didn't offer to jump off the table. Jean.

i love that video sakura, thanks for posting it. AMAZING. and they call them bird brains!!

Hi Chris I have a video I will send to you it is so cute. This is our cheeky pidgeon that Pete hand feeds. He's on the table at the moment. Jean.

I have previously posted these somewhere else on the forum - haven't found where yet...:friendly_wink:
One pic shows a wood pidgeon drinking from rotary line socket - not keeping a good look out for trouble !
Other pic shows a pidgeon as dinner - the Sparrowhawk was so engrossed it did not see me taking the pic - but it left me to clean up later.

Silly_pidgeon.jpg

Sparrow_Hawk_on_Poor_Pidgeon.jpg

Back