• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Visiting cat

Maria Magenta

master brummie
Several weeks ago a cat started to visit us, and we began (perhaps wrongly) to give her treats. Then, as she seemed so ravenous, we started to give her sachets of Sheba. We think she has a home somewhere, though we’re not experienced with cats, but she does seem to need food, and turns up at the back door several times a day now. She miaows piteously and paces around. In the summer the back door was open, so she could easily come in. Though she likes being stroked, she also is very nervous, so we’re a bit mystified, and wonder if we’re doing the right thing.

Any advice? I don't want to be over-feeding someone else's cat.

I have heard that. I am worried about over feeding or maybe giving her the wrong type of food. Before this one, there was a ginger cat that used to come in to us...perhaps word got around!

I have heard that. I am worried about over feeding or maybe giving her the wrong type of food. Before this one, there was a ginger cat that used to come in to us...perhaps word got around!
Cats have a habit of choosing who they hang out with. Think of yourselves as lucky, it’s chosen you.

i think it is a cockamamie idear. it is nature what if the moggie gets stuck ln the undergrowth? a brakeaway coller with a bell on so it can be heard coming yes. most rats are dispatched by wondering/visiting moggies at night..

Back