• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

virus alert

brumgum

Proud to be a Brummie!
I have avast installed and it alerted me to a threat on an innocent site (friends of keyhill and warstone Lane) what does this mean:frown:.

It could just be a false alert or could be the site has been compromised somehow. Jim burns the Midnight Oil (along with the work Warren has done) to keep us safe.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Jut had a look on Tablet and got no warnings.

Hi Brumgum - Just re-checked the site on my PC which runs Avast Anti Virus and got no warning of problems until I started to navigate the site when I got this warning -

Mal URL.JPG

Best let them know.

To add I just tried to contact the site using their link and again got the warning so if anyone knows an email address please let me know and I will inform them.

Bernard

Don't go there either as I got an alert when I tried the email link from their website.

Now the odd thing is that when I checked again I realised that I also run avast on my Tablet so cannot work out why I got no warning when I tried to navigate my way around their website using it.

I have a different screening system on this PC and got a warning on three of their pages. That did not include the home page which shows their email as [email protected] . I have sent them an email mentioning this forum, the name of the virus, and the pages affected.​

They don't appear to respond Wam I am still waiting for mine.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk now Free

I've just been all over their site and got no warnings even from the contact us link.

I sent the email to the site earlier this morning. Since the site needs to be updated from yesterday, I would suppose they don't check everything every day. I don't particularly expect a reply anyway. What they need to do is check what they've got on the site for any unusual files or scripts and make changes. Given the nature of the site, I don't really expect that to happen anytime soon.
As for the people that don't get warnings from their antivirus. The results will be different depending on the operating system. Something that is a real problem with Windows isn't usually going to matter with Apple/Linux/Android and any good antivirus will know that. Just check that your antivirus is up to date. If it gives a warning after you've updated and didn't before, scan your computer.

Thanks for the alert, I'm the site admin for FKWC.org and was unaware of any problems.
I have checked from my computer and no warnings but as a precaution I have removed all files from the webhost and reloaded the site.
Please can anybody who was experiencing problems check again, you may have to clear your cache or reload the site to remove any saved files on your computer
( I have updated the front page to show out November tour Date so you should know if you have the correct version.)

Please let me know how you get on either on hear or via email to [email protected]

Thanks again for the alerts.

When I get an email from this forum in my Hotmail account I always get this; Be careful! This sender failed our fraud detection checks.

Graham I have never had any warnings a you describe but then I never use Hotmail.

The occasional virus alert is useful, at least it shows your anti-virus is on guard and working. For all you know it could be sitting there comfy in your laptop, not paying attention and letting 'nasties' through....:friendly_wink:

WOT gave the forum a good rating last time I looked. However it always pays to be vigilant.

When I get an email from this forum in my Hotmail account I always get this; Be careful! This sender failed our fraud detection checks.

I've looked through my other emails and notifications from this forum are the only ones I get with this warning and I see that 'keegs' gets the same warning.

It is a Gmail 'issue' (problem). In a previous thread here I posted an image of a received email.
In the post here there is an explanation of why it happens.
Nothing to worry about...:encouragement:

Just been on the bbc and received a virus warning - VBS:Gamaredon - came here and got the same warning.

?

This is an old thread which sent me an alert ... :grinning:
Gamaredon is a Russian hacking group, preumably, it is your antivirus app which is showing the warnings.

It was, mentioned the virus and said it had halted connection.

Happened a couple times earlier but been back to the bbc and no more warnings. Ran a deep scan to be on the safe side.

Back