• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Virginmedia TV

terryb18

Gone but not forgotten R.I.P.
Has anyone noticed during Eastenders on channel 108 HD a womans voice as started doing a sort of commentary during the program. It only started in the last couple of weeks and I thought it may have been a setting that we accidently turned on, however, I rang my son who lives in Tamworth and the same thing happens to him. I guess its something to do with the visually impaired, but I find it annoying to be honest. Anyone else suffer from it. It does'nt happen on channel 101.

Terry

Terry it may be worthwhile checking the forums on either AVForum or Digitalspy for advice on this.

Are you sure you don't have the audio description button switched on (AD) When we first had our new remote control with The Talktalk box, my husband kept switching it on and got quite cross with it until I sorted it out. Don't watch Eastenders, but it may be that it can happen on 101 HD, we usually tune ours into 1 anyway. Hope you can sort it, know how annoying it can be.

You guys beat me to it - ah well as long as it gets sorted Terry.

It happened when I watched Eastenders last night but has never happened before, as you say on 101 it is OK.

I have checked my settings and everything seems to be in order, so I'll see what happens next time Eastenders is on, it may mean phoning 150. If anyone wants to to look for themselves.. press the home button, then 6 help, 7 accessabilty then 2/3 audio description. It seems that channels 851-856 are designated for audio description. Anyway thanks all.

Terry

Virgin are aware of it and a ticket has been raised on the problem. There is nothing you can to do your TV which will resolve it.

Back