• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Vintage Villa.

As a ONCE Blues fan what happened to Gil Merrick? Now a Villians fan good to see then staying up? John Crump OldBrit.Parker, Co USA

Hi Shady,this is the book that your pages are from,I bought this from the"Evenig Dispatch"in 1947 when I was 14 years old & I still have it,I have followed the Villa since my first visit with my Dad back in 1938,I was 5 then,I can't believe were all the years have gone,I also have lots of photo's from the war time newspapers concerning all the midland clubs,The book is the history of Aston Villa in cartoon form by Norman Edwards who was the cartoonist for the "Birmingham Evening Dispatch" & the old saturday night sports paper the "Agus".Those where the days !!!
Best wishes
Brian Harding

Attachments

• tn_image0.jpg
    tn_image0.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 16
Hi zambodini a few of tommys medals were sold about 12 years ago at auction mainly the reserve medals and his 1910 charity shield medal

Back