• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Village Maid

silhouette53

master brummie
Anyone out there have a photo of the Village Maid pub which was in Finch Road Lozells next to the Baines Bakery ?

hi col....ive looked for this pub before..seems a hard one to get a pic of..will keep searching for you....

lyn:):)

thanks for the vote of confidence col but remember the vine inn:cry::cry::cry: not a sniff of a pic yet:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: thinking back when i lived in newtown i used to get the 46 bus to one stop...it turned down finch road and went past the village maid...its all coming back to me now....:D:D

lyn:)

I have attached a snippet of an obituary of my uncle. As you can see he was the licensee of the Village Maid and also the Wagon and Horses,Aston. I don't know what years are involved, perhaps someone can tell me.I would also like to see a picture, it would be nice.

Terry
31-3-17 Replaced original attachment

Attachments

• Fred Frost obit_opt.jpg
    Fred Frost obit_opt.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
hi terry..this is most interesting...thanks for posting it...now i know for sure that a half decent pic of the village maid has been posted (but not under this thread) and i cant remember if it was me or another member who posted it...when i have time i will try and locate it unless of course someone beats me to it...

cheers

lyn

Is it the Village Maid in Finch Road Lozells, right by Baines bakery that the photograph is being sought ?Max

the very same max...thanks for bringing this thread back as i know ive posted a pic of it but not a very good shot of it...just cant remember where it is...:D:D will look later on

lyn

I would love to see it Lyn , it has very special, although sad memories for me . Max

max..my memory of this pic is very vaugue:rolleyes: i think it was an old pic and all you could see was a bit of the pub....will try and locate it for you...

lyn

max..it was me who posted the pic...i found it on the baines bakery thread:rolleyes: bad news though...it was one of the pics we lost in the upgrade and it would mean me going through a shedload of papers and mags to try and find out where i got it from...

lyn

max..it was me who posted the pic...i found it on the baines bakery thread:rolleyes: bad news though...it was one of the pics we lost in the upgrade and it would mean me going through a shedload of papers and mags to try and find out where i got it from...

lyn

Not your fault Lyn, i am going over that way soon (i Hope) will have a look at it now, i might go and look at the new Church as well . Max

sorry to disapoint you again max...im sure the village maid is not there anymore:(

lyn

very happy to post this long awaited pic of the village maid...finch road...i wonder if someone could confirm that the building to the right of it was baines bakery..

lyn

Baines is listed as 2 finch road, whereas The village maid was 10 Fich rd, so I would think it unlikely

thanks mike..i was not sure if baines was right next door to the pub or a few doors away...

cheers for clearing that one up for me...

lyn:)

village maid finch road.jpg the village maid..finch road lozells..

villagemaidfinchroad2.jpg

Last edited:
i meant to post this one of customers and the landlady rose (in striped jumper) many of you know rose well as we have held many of our forum meet ups at the bull where she is now landlady

villiage maid pub.jpeg

I have attached a snippet of an obituary of my uncle. As you can see he was the licensee of the Village Maid and also the Wagon and Horses,Aston. I don't know what years are involved, perhaps someone can tell me.I would also like to see a picture, it would be nice.

Terry
31-3-17 Replaced original attachment
Hi Terry I'm Dawn, Fred Frost was my dad. I remember living in the village maid.It was the pub my dad retired from. I put the obituary in the paper because in Alsager to be near us and the kids. Thanks Dawn Cairns nee Frost

hello dawn and welcome...sad to say but terry passed away a couple of years ago...he was a lovely man..if you see the words gone but not forgotten under a members user name this means that they are no longer with us..

lyn

Back