• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Villa Tavern, Villa St

cookie273uk

master brummie
normal_Villa_Tavern%2C_Villa_St.JPG
Cannot vouch for colours as a Black and White pic used for reference

Last edited:
oh eric..that is marvelous..i had no idea that you were painting the villa tavern:)...it has taken me 3 or more years to find a pic of this pub which was a few doors up from the vine inn and now you have painted it...sending you a private message...

lyn..xx

Last edited:
im over the moon lynne as eric has very kindly given me the painting...hes going to frame it and bring it over to me one day next week...

what a talent.. and what kindness...:)

lyn

I am so pleased for you Lyn. Eric you are such a kind and generous man...x

wend i am so lucky to now have a painting of the 2 pubs it took me so long to find a pic of...this one will take pride of place at the top of the landing..looking forward to seeing eric on monday:)

lyn

thank you so much eric for personally bringing over my wonderful painting of the villa tavern:)..i feel so priviliged to now be the proud owner of 2 paintings done by you of the pubs that mean such a lot to me..you are such a kind and generous man...

lyn..xxx

Last edited:
Not knocking at Lyns photographic ability but its not easy to photograph through glass, post 1 shows a truer reproduction. Eric

eric you can knock away all you like...:D i hate taking pics of pics behind glass..your version is much better....:)

lyn

Back