• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Villa Road Milk Bar

yes it does rob thanks...i have that photo myself...the other one i am still looking for is a front on shot of the milk bar

lyn

Their empire was further afield than their first Dudley shop.
Back in the 60s next to the bulls head was a fish and chip shop.we we the sign between the windows on the wall of the first floor was a newsagents .my brother was a paper boy for them 15 shillings a week seven days 2 rounds a day. Thay kept papers and comics on the left. And sweets on the right toys were kept up a step at the back.my mum would bye us cakes from that cake shop, Wimbu she next the was a butcher who sold good meat he swoped his jag for a yellow and black austin seven car and parked it in hall rd outside loyde bank as it was then.

think thats about right kieron thanks ..map here showing no 86 the milk bar and also a 2009 st view of the large building where your arrow is where the milk bar was...now demolished

lyn
Lyn, you are absolutely correct an easy walk from my house, been there MANY times!

I used to work next Door to the Pole Star Milk Bar, when I worked there it was Bob Harrisson's the Butcher, but the front door step carried the name of Preedy"s Tobaconist, inccidently the Pole Star in my time was run by a Mr Michael and his family.

Back