• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Villa Memories Tom 'Pongo' Waring

Johnnno

Brummie babby
Guys, my husband Paul is Pongos grandson. He lived his final years in Birkenhead with Paul's nan, Phyllis. I never met him unfortunately as my hubby was 8 when tommy passed away. Our son, Tom is named after his great grandad. My husband has nothing but fond memories of kicking the ball around the garden as a child with his grandad. Phyllis spread the ashes at villa. Aston villa paid every year for Phyllis to attend the ground which she did up until she died.
Dear McLach, I'm writing a book about Frank Barson and am curious concerning his links re Pongo. Could you tell me anything about Phyllis? Pongo said he was Barson's daughter.

Johnnno

Brummie babby
Hi everyone. I am his granddaughter. He has lots of family still alive, sadly my nan passed on a few years ago. I never met my grandad but have heard so many storeys about him. My nan visited villa untill the early 90s but couldn manage it after that.
Dear Pongo's grandaughter, Could I ask you some questions concerning Pongo as I am writing a book about Frank Barson, the Villa player and am interested in the links they had. Any help would be appreciated.

Johnnno

Brummie babby
Hi. My name is Dean Beresford and am the grandson of Villa great Joe Beresford who was team-mate/good-mate of Pongo. I've created a facebook page in tribute to Joe and if you follow this link it will take you directly to a couple of photos of Pongo Waring from my grandad's collection:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...18017511.59803.186878374698152&type=1&theater

If you navigate around the photo galleries you'll find plenty of pics of Joe's days at The Villa. I've captioned each photo with as much info as I could gather.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you wish.

Cheers
Up The Villa
Dean
Dear Dean, Can't see the Facebook but am interested in early Villa history as I am writing a book about Frank Barson. Any help would be appreciated.

Johnnno

Brummie babby
Hi. My name is Dean Beresford and am the grandson of Villa great Joe Beresford who was team-mate/good-mate of Pongo. I've created a facebook page in tribute to Joe and if you follow this link it will take you directly to a couple of photos of Pongo Waring from my grandad's collection:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...18017511.59803.186878374698152&type=1&theater

If you navigate around the photo galleries you'll find plenty of pics of Joe's days at The Villa. I've captioned each photo with as much info as I could gather.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you wish.

Cheers
Up The Villa
Dean
Dear Dean, Can't see the Facebook but am interested in early Villa history as I am writing a book about Frank Barson. Any help would be appreciated.