• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Villa memories No12 Opening of Villa Park by Wak

W

Wakadowakado

Easter Saturday 17th April 1897 was a monumental date in the Club's history
Blackburn Rovers provided the opposition for the first Division One game at the new ground. It rained all day and the new enclosure was christened with a sound 3-0 victory over the Lancastrians The capacity of 50,000 fans could
be accommodated in well planned arrangements for the No1 Club of the day!
In the first three seasons at home only 3 games were lost. In conclusion a little point of interest, I designed a pair of mugs to commemorate the Club's Villa Park opening Centenary in 1997 I wonder who has the product showing an illustration of the ground under construction Do you? Best wishes WAK

Back