• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Villa Cross Cinema

Sorry I still can't get the hang of how to post these things, just been reading about and looking at some fabulous photos of the Villa cross picture house, me my brother and sister used to go there every Saturday morning
6d in and 6d to spend!!
Amazing what you could do with a shilling back then!

This is a photo (from his facebook page) of Tony Carroll in 2014. Looks like he was still taking them then
1973584_765427473498876_3596322304133481196_o.jpg

same here...very happy memories we lived just a short walk away and went most saturday mornings delighting in going down to the front to dance to the lastest songs after the film had ended...did you live near to the the villa cross

lyn
No Lyn, we lived in Hockey on the Flat. I was too young to dance, or at least to have the confidence to do so!

hi folks i wonder if someone could post me shot from britain from above showing the villa cross picture house and the properties to the right of it..looking for round about the 1940s or 50s..many thanks

lyn

Back