• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Video I Made - Vera Lyn - 'When the Lights Go On Again'

how absolutely wonderful maz....:) and what a great selection of photos you chose...

i see that one of them was of when a bomb dropped in hospital st....massive crater in the road...the rose and crown on the corner of hospital st/brearely st did receive some damage and apparently the locals helped themselves to the barrels of beer:Dpub re opened and was demolished in the 60s....mind you they didnt get the chip shop on the opposite corner:D

thanks maz

lyn:)

I think there was one of a crater outside the Barton's Arms in Aston [or maybe I got that wrong, but I think that's what it was described as and looks like it to me, but maybe it is by another pub]
and mom was living just down the road...unless it was during the time she was evacuated.

maz..its pic 8 that shows the crater in hospital st....you are clever.... as most folk on here know i am not very technical...took me months to be able to post a pic lol

thanks again its a great video

lyn

Well done Maz. My wife as just fell in love with the song
aww, that's nice
I want to make some more to older songs as I get time
I need to practice the timing of words with the pictures, but it takes time, as I don't find it easy
but it's good fun if people want to try it...you just need a mp3 song on your computer and some pictures or video footage...
most Windows computers come with Windows Movie maker on them

Hello all
is there anyway i could save just one picture from this video as i do not know how to do it,i am new to all this and dont know how
thanks
lynne

Hello all
is there anyway i could save just one picture from this video as i do not know how to do it,i am new to all this and dont know how
thanks
lynne
I can post it on this thread for you if you like [so you can save it]
as I should have all the individual pics in my Photobucket albums

which pic is it?

hi maz
that would be great if you could post the picture , its the one of the bomb crater outside the rose and crown in hospital street

thanks so much

lynne

yes, sure
I always thought it was outside the Barton's Arms because of what it said where I found it [can't remember where that was now :)]
but it sounds like that may have been wrong information then

it actually gave a date too
Bartons Arms 17 Oct 1940

hope this is the right one

BartonsArms17Oct1940.jpg

hi maz
this is the right one it is hospital street i was born in the house next door.

thanks again

lynne

Back