• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Victorian Brum

Pedrocut

Master Barmmie
The Carl Chinn magazine, and looking at the link for Biographies...

There is the biography...Sir Benjamin Stone 1838-1914: Photographer, Traveller and Politician. Carl Chinn has written his own short biography of the said chap for the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, but I had not come across the above book when I posted an "alternative" view of Mr Stone (Post 15)...

https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/benjamin-stone.35043/#post-578857

I had corresponded with Carl about the "alternative" view of Stone and he expressed interest in publishing it in the magazine. I have no problem with this, but it must be said how good this Forum is for promoting the history of Birmingham.

It is in a sense free, and has the ability for people to disagree and correct, and in doing so can unveil new insights into our history.

The Owl

knowlegable brummie
The Carl Chinn magazine, and looking at the link for Biographies...

There is the biography...Sir Benjamin Stone 1838-1914: Photographer, Traveller and Politician. Carl Chinn has written his own short biography of the said chap for the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, but I had not come across the above book when I posted an "alternative" view of Mr Stone (Post 15)...

https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/benjamin-stone.35043/#post-578857

I had corresponded with Carl about the "alternative" view of Stone and he expressed interest in publishing it in the magazine. I have no problem with this, but it must be said how good this Forum is for promoting the history of Birmingham.

It is in a sense free, and has the ability for people to disagree and correct, and in doing so can unveil new insights into our history.
deleted

Last edited: