• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Victoria Terrace back of Webster Street Aston

Sylvia- Thanks for replying,the reason I asked was because one of my Brothers best friends was Geoff Townsend they both went to Thomas St School after they Left Burlington St..I went all through Burlington Street School up to 1966 and then left for work,loved the School,Basically I loved Aston as a whole,I dont like what they have done to it much at all x

Hi tootz2 as you are newcomer to the Forum you may not know we have an Annual Reunion for ex-pupils and friends of Burlington Street and Upper Thomas Street Schools. The next one is booked for Tuesday, 7th July 2015 at the Aston Manor Cricket Club, Church Lane, Perry Barr, from 7.30 p.m. onwards. You and your brother would be most welcome.

Thank you Sylvia,I went to a few of the reunions when it was held at the Barton Arms,I was set to go this year but couldnt make it at the last minute.Sadly my Brother is no longer with us he use to go too along with his Friends,there`s always next year though.I do have some Class photo`s of Burlington Street School,I will sort them out and post them in here if there is a thread.

HI,
Does anyone remember a factory called Castle Joinery that was in Webster St. It was involved in making wood window frames, doors etc. It was run by three brothers called Tooker and the main man was Reg Tooker, All three brothers drove a Ford Zodiac. I worked there from 1967 until 1972 when it closed down and was then demolished. An entry ran along side of the factory that led to houses at the back.

Back