• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Victoria Road Swimming Baths

Rod, I bet your younger than me they did take the boards down in the later years.
that board at Woodcock St, WAS LIKE JUMPING OF LEWISE'S. I only did it once had soar feet for weeks! :idiot2:
G.E.C Witton used to hold there annual Swimming Gala at Woodcock St Baths.Have still got the pewter tankard I won back in the 50s :angel:
My father Charles freeman worked at the G.E.C. and was a judge at the G.E.C. swimming Galas in 50s, of which I've got various B+w photos. If anybody is interested let me know I'm not sure how well this history site works because the posts relate to 2007 - 2011, thanks anyway. Ian Freeman.

Last edited:
hello ian and welcome....please post your photos on here if you wish...it does not matter how old the posts are as they will add history to the thread....we always remind our members that it is not really a good idea to post your email address on open forum as you could leave yourself open to spammers etc...if you wish you can edit your post and remove it or i could do it for you....all the best

lyn

hello ian and welcome....please post your photos on here if you wish...it does not matter how old the posts are as they will add history to the thread....we always remind our members that it is not really a good idea to post your email address on open forum as you could leave yourself open to spammers etc...if you wish you can edit your post and remove it or i could do it for you....all the best

lyn
Thanks for reply/advice. I've taken my email address off.

Back