• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Victoria Hotel

loisand

master brummie
I am led to believe that in 1930 my great grandfather Robert Burrows was licensee of this hotel, is there any way of checking this. Where abouts is Victoria Hotel, any pictures would be very helpful. I have an address of Albert St/Thomas Street if this is of any help. Thankyou in advance :)

Welcom back Loisand, there was a pub on the corner of Albert Road and Upper Thomas It. I think it was called the Victoria

Thankyou Mike I didn't go anywhere, because I still visited you every day :p
I will have to hunt around abit more for this one, it's only on hearsay that Robert was the licensee of this place, and if it was true he was only there for about 12 months before he took over the Royal George....you wouldn't know if it was M & B establishment!!!!

I am led to believe that in 1930 my great grandfather Robert Burrows was licensee of this hotel, is there any way of checking this. Where abouts is Victoria Hotel, any pictures would be very helpful. I have an address of Albert St/Thomas Street if this is of any help. Thankyou in advance :)

He moved about a bit

There were many licensed premises containing the name Victoria. Below is a copy of what I have put into my database.

Victoria, 99 Duddeston Mill Road,
Victoria, 20 John Bright Street (still there, been in recently),
Victoria, 1 Prince Albert Street,
Victoria, 189-193 Stratford Road,
Victoria (Inn), 83 Bordesley Green,
Victoria Hotel, Albert Road, Aston,
Victoria Hotel/Inn, Upper Thomas Street [probably the same as above],
Victoria Hotel, 1 High Park Road, Nechells,
Victoria Hotel, 1 Messenger Road,
Victoria Hotel, 24 Stafford Street,
Victoria Hotel, Six Ways [Aston, Erdington or Smethwick?],
Victoria Inn, 193 Bristol Road,
Victoria Inn, 126 Broad Street,
Victoria Inn, 31 Guest Street,
Victoria Inn, 5 Runcorn Road,
Victoria Park Inn, Victoria Road [Aston?]

There could be more of course!

Peter

Thankyou Peter, looks like it's the one at Albert St/Upper Thomas Street, so it was Aston and not Birmingham.....have you put on your database the licensees?? Is Montpellier Street close by....I will have to get the map book out and look...once again thankyou all :)

Hi there
The Victoria Hotel was 319 Albert Rd Aston
My relative Lorenzo Fulford used to own it .. run it also
Let me know if you find out anymore please .. happy hunting

Back