• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Victor TURTON MP

Did Victor TURTON ever become an MP for the Vauxhall Duddeston area
Did Victor TURTON ever become an MP for the Vauxhall Duddeston area
Vic Turton was a City Councillor for many years but never an M.P. His daughter Pat Sever was also a City Councillor and was Chairman of the Council's NEC& ICC Committee at the time when the Queen came to carry out the official opening of the ICC.

In the early 60s I worked at a little factory ALVIC in Park Lane, Aston, and Victor Turton used to visit in his capacity as a Rep, I don't remember what he sold or the company he worked for.

The reason I asked was because when we lived in Inkerman St up to 1949.When election time came around we as children used to tour around the Vauxhall area on the back of a flat back Lorry shouting Vote Vote Vote for Victor TURTON.Never knew if he was elected

Victor Turton was a business man who eventually if I remember rightly ran his own company which was a sort of early version of wholesale warehouse for household goods which was open to the public in the Kings Heath area ~ Silver Street seems to ring a bell.

Back