• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

VICARAGE ROAD ASTON

Eric
Its easily done. Where I live now, if it is necessary (say because of wrongly delivered letter), that I have to go to another numbered house on the street, then I hav eto think carefully which way the numberings go

Hi Eric, sorry I'm new to this. My dad lived at 10 Bk 79 Vicarage Road, from 1926 till about 1944. Can you point out exactly where that house would have been on the map? You may have known my dad or my family, they were the Benton family. There was Arthur, Frank, Amy and my dad Ron.
My mother was born at number 11 Vicarage Grove in 1915, her maiden name was Edna Buxton, she had two sisters, Iris, and Joyce, she was known as Jessie, my grandparents names were Harriet and Jesse, the reason that Joyce was known as Jessie was because of her dads name.

My mother was born at number 11 Vicarage Grove in 1915, her maiden name was Edna Buxton, she had two sisters, Iris, and Joyce, she was known as Jessie, my grandparents names were Harriet and Jesse, the reason that Joyce was known as Jessie was because of her dads name.
Someone put this map up for me before marking number 11 in red but I never knew it was the back of number 79, she never moved far from her birthplace, when she married my dad in 1943 she was living at 7 serpentine road, then they moved to 504 Witton Road, then in 1957 the were at 58 Tame road where she passed away that August aged 42.

Hi Terry, I'm researching the Buxton family tree. If I'm correct, Jesse Buxton married Harriet Cooper in August 1909 at St. Peter and Paul Church Aston. I have a lot of info on this side of the family, it would be good to hear from you.

Hi Terry, I'm researching the Buxton family tree. If I'm correct, Jesse Buxton married Harriet Cooper in August 1909 at St. Peter and Paul Church Aston. I have a lot of info on this side of the family, it would be good to hear from you.
Hi Jamie, you are correct, Jesse and Harriet were married in Aston Church but I was unsure of the dates.
Iris was born in 1913, my mother in 1915 and I think Joyce 1917, my information is that Harriet died after giving birth to Joyce, who was looked after by members of the family.
Jesse commited suicide and Iris was the one who found him, also other members of his family killed themselves too.
I have some information about the family but I haven't looked at it for ages, it would be great if you could get in touch with me, although I am not good with computers.
Happy new year to you and your family.

Hi Terry,
Thanks for your reply. I tried to send you a private message, but the forum would'nt allow it, probably because I'm a new member ? Please see the attached details, kind regards and Happy new year to you and yours, Jamie

Attachments

• contact details.JPG
    contact details.JPG
    766.6 KB · Views: 17
Hi James, I got your message thanks for sending it to me, I will try to email you sometime tomorrow, or if you want to try emailing me, my address is!!

[email protected]

Thank you for post on the forum. We strongly advise members not to post their personal email addresses on the thread. Your email address and data could be harvested and used for scams, fraud and identity theft. If you wish other members to contact you, then its best if you advise them to use the “Start Conversation” facility we provide. This then protects you and your privacy.

Hi all i had a mate who lived in Vicarage Road 1950s to the 1960s his name was Victor Baker , when i was a lad we put up a small tent in his garden with another lad well the other lad burnt it down accidentally myself and Victor went into the garden in the morning and found it luckily the other lad was OK , i think he had been playing with matches . Raz

Back