• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Verity's Limited

I have only just found this post after researching my grandfathers WW1 service. He was discharged from the Army only a month after joining due to vital war work at Verity's Ltd of Birmingham. However he did rejoin later as he was in the newly formed RAF at the end of the war. Unfortunately I don't know any more than that.

One of my first jobs was with Payne and Partners, Thornhill Road, Solihull which produced hand made light fittings, making pieces for Marks and Spencer and also producing a new fibre optic light product called 'Dentilite.. Most of the machinery was very old by early 1970's standards- belt driven lathes, hand presses and a large diffusion copier which smelled strongly of ammonia when in use. I was told that most of it had come from Veritys Maxlume. One particular tall, antiquated fly press was treated with caution as the slots on the ball weights had become very worn and were prone to flying off if the press handle was swung too vigorously! Consequently, we would always pack the weights with newspaper before using it.

Last edited:
Yes, I worked at Verity's around 1965, in the assembly shop. Mr. Reg Withers was the supervisor. The plating shop was next door and emitted quite a strong odour of chemicals!

Thanks, I have been following the progress of SS Freshspring since when it was first moved to Sharpness for repairs.

I am also involved saving a steam engine project too.

Bonjour, collectionneur de lampe à arc, j'ai acheté un projecteur Veritys Aston, il est numéroté 2286
.Quelqu'un aurait-il des informations ou un croquis ancien de ces modèles ?
1668639225525.png
1668639295861.png

Merci pour votre aide
.Michael

Je collectionne et restaure les anciens ventilateurs électriques et horloges comme passe-temps et les ventilateurs Veritys sont très appréciés, donc pour les restaurer et reconditionner des pièces, je collectionne les catalogues - j'ai les catalogues 1908, 1913 et 1923 et je me demande s'il y en a d'autres à collectionner ? Ils sont très difficiles à trouver. Une fois collectés, je les scanne et les rends accessibles au public comme avec tous les documents de Veritys, mais il semble qu'il reste si peu d'une entreprise autrefois formidable - toute information sur VERITY serait appréciée. Richard Boothroyd - Suffolk
Je collectionne les lampes à arc, j'ai acquis un modèle Veritys aston et j'ai laissé un post concernant celui-ci avec deux photos. A tout hasard, auriez-vous quelques renseignements sur vos trois catalogues ? afin que je puisse connaître son année, son utilisation, ect ...

Merci d'avance .Cordialement

Michael

Bonjour, collectionneur de lampe à arc, j'ai acheté un projecteur Veritys Aston, il est numéroté 2286
.Quelqu'un aurait-il des informations ou un croquis ancien de ces modèles ?
View attachment 175130
View attachment 175131

Merci pour votre aide
.Michael
Hello, arc lamp collector, I bought a Veritys Aston projector, it is numbered 2286. Does anyone have any information or an old sketch of these models?

Thank you for your help. Michael

Je collectionne les lampes à arc, j'ai acquis un modèle Veritys aston et j'ai laissé un post concernant celui-ci avec deux photos. A tout hasard, auriez-vous quelques renseignements sur vos trois catalogues ? afin que je puisse connaître son année, son utilisation, ect ...

Merci d'avance .Cordialement

Michael
Bonjour, Michael Bienvenue au Birmingham History Forum. Le post que vous citez est assez ancien, datant de 2008 et Richard Boothroyd ne semble plus être membre de ce forum. Cependant, je suis sûr que certains des autres membres pourront peut-être vous aider dans votre enquête.

Cordialement.

Good morning, Michael

Welcome to Birmingham History Forum. The post you are quoting is quite old, from 2008 and Richard Boothroyd does not seem to be a member of this forum anymore. However, I am sure some of the other member s may be able to help you with your enquiry.

regards

Back