• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Veggies

I hope it is alroght to post this in veggies. It is normally quite easy. I scan a picure then import it into x-stitch publisher and I can then alter anything and everything to do with the picture. When it is to my liking, I click and the pooter prints the pictuere as a pattern. If it is a good photo or a picture I am happy with it is just a mater of scan and print. It tells me how much of each thread it will take and how many stitches. It does half stitches plus french knots and beads.

Did any of you know that a freshly dug potato contains more vitamin C than the equivalent weight in fresh fruit? I do not know if it is true but I read it somewhere. When the spud has been out of the ground for twenty four hours it loses the Vitamin C rather quickly. Can anyone substantiate this or disprove it?

Thanks for that Nas, we only have jacket or steamed spuds so thats o/k.

Gee Gee Jean, You are going to thank me for this. Do you have a fish pond?. If not make a small one and put a net over it keeping the net very close to, or touching the water. The get a large bunch of water cress and put the shoots or storks through the net so it hangs or sits in the water. The cress will grow rather quickly and you can feed it to the tortoise. The bug that would be harmful to us wil not harm the tortoise. If you have fish in the pond, this will act as an oxygenater plant. I dont know if you can verify this but I am told it really works. the man who told me says he is always giving his serplus to someone who has a tortoise because it multiplies quickly.

Back