• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

VE celebrations

dennis

master brummie
As it is coming up to the time we shall be celebrating the 60th anniversary of the end of WW2, I am still trying to locate photograph's of the Birmingham &District Sea cadet's band that led the Victory Parade in Birmingham 60 years ago.
Postie sent me photo's of some of the parade, but it is of the Sea cadet band that I am particulary interested in, would love to see them,they must be about somewhere

I recall taking part in a victory parade in 1945 or early 46. I was in the Air Training Corps at school. Any photos??? Also a classic car run between 1946 an 1954. It started form Broad Street. I was an apprentice at Roots Limited in Charlotte Street. We went in white coats to help anyone who needed it. We gave one car a push start.

Last edited:
..Remember the Bonfires we had in the road on VE &VJ nights in Inkerman St Vauxhall.And my Mother playing the Piano on the Pavement outside the house.

I remember the street party in Formans Rd next to the Mirror Laundry and Mr Barratt wheeling his piano into the street and my cousin June standing in her bedroom window wearing a red white and blue paper dress - she had mumps!

Back