• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Various street pics

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks..reposting a few various streets pics for you to ponder on....

aston road..

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
hockley hill showing the duke of york and the trees pubs...

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like The Gothic pub on the end of thread 10.
My family founded 'Midland Tyres' just over the road from there,on the corner of Livery Street.Some great memories growing up there.
Really good pics,thanks again:)

Last edited:
its a pleasure wessex..and yes post 10 does indeed show the gothic pub on the right..

lyn

The pictures are very interesting; thanks for sharing them with us Lyn. I noticed the dustman in Alexandra Road, Balsall Heath carrying his metal bath on his head - hard work in those days.

Back