• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Vanstone family

G

genie

great grandfather was Francis Vanstone born Boulton Street Birmingham FAther Walter mother Anne. Is anyone else researching this line?

Bob Davis

Bob Davis
My mother's family were Vanstones, her father was Walter, born in Sherborne moved to Birmingham died abt 1946. Grandmother showed wire haired fox terriers. There was a Frank or Fred who was the principal driver for the LMS parcels delivery service and the first to use a lorry as opposed to a horse and cart. I'll seek out my family tree and see what other names I can find. Meantime I am trying to find something out about the murder of an elderly Vanstone in about 1977. Anyone any details please?

claire_leigh

My mother's family were Vanstones, her father was Walter, born in Sherborne moved to Birmingham died abt 1946. Grandmother showed wire haired fox terriers. There was a Frank or Fred who was the principal driver for the LMS parcels delivery service and the first to use a lorry as opposed to a horse and cart. I'll seek out my family tree and see what other names I can find. Meantime I am trying to find something out about the murder of an elderly Vanstone in about 1977. Anyone any details please?

Hi Bob, hoping you're still on here as your post is a quite a few years old now. I am researching the Vanstones for a family friend whose grandfather was Frederick Vanstone born in Sherborne and moved to Birmingham also. I believe he is the brother of your grandfather Walter? Is your mother Joyce Kathleen by any chance? How far did you get with your research? Did you find anything more on the murder? The lady who was murdered was Frederick's daughter Ethel. I managed to find this newspaper extract but it doesn't give much information. Cheers Claire

2020-03-24 Ethel Vanstone.png