• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Vanishing printer ink

My old Lexmark did the same; it worked at its best if used once every day or so...didn't like standing idle. Now use a Cannon and no longer have the problem to the same degree; but I suspect most printers are best used regularly.

I bought a Lexmark printer on a special offer in the Computer Active Magazine with a voucher for PC world, what I didn't know is that it is a special model made for PC World and as such it's very hard to get the cartridges No.2 & 3. In the end I bought a refill kit of black & colour inks and refill them myself, I just ignore the on-screen info telling me that the ink is low, total cost less than £10-00 with enough ink for several refills!

thats how they make the wonga,sell a very cheap printer with just enough ink to get you home,they then charge you a fortune for a refill.

I bought a Lexmark printer on a special offer in the Computer Active Magazine with a voucher for PC world, what I didn't know is that it is a special model made for PC World and as such it's very hard to get the cartridges No.2 & 3. In the end I bought a refill kit of black & colour inks and refill them myself, I just ignore the on-screen info telling me that the ink is low, total cost less than £10-00 with enough ink for several refills!

I tried refilling the black cartridge but on the new models Lexmark have become cute. Once the chip notes the cartridge empty, it will no longer feed ink to the printhead even though it has been refilled.

I recently received this short video from a friend. Make of it what you will. I have a Dell Photo 962 All-in-One Printer and the prices of their cartridges are astronomical. And you can only buy them from Dell! This video isn't applicable to the Dell cartridges I use .... there is no Reset button. Posted in good faith. Good luck, David

[video=youtube;WJQ1FQ68lU8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJQ1FQ68lU8[/video]

I have an hp845c printer and the last colour cartridge cost £14 from tesco in 2009 they now want £39.
paul

Oisin thanks old mate just ordered from the web site you sent me £13.61.great many thanks been looking for quite a while.
paul

Just ordered some for myself: 2 x black, 1 x colour = £31 including next day free delivery.

I use 7dayshop, too. They're always a good price but the brands they offer at low prices vary from one order to another. I got one lot that was very poor - blurred printing due to the ink spreading because it did not evaporate on the page quickly enough. But over the years, I've saved a fortune with them, so one bad experience was not enough to put me off.
I've recently bought from them a "job lot" that cost me £21 in all. It has set me up in black and coloured ink for the next two years - tried the first cartridges and they seem perfect. Just hope I can use them all before they dry out in the packs!

By the way, their own brand glossy photo paper is excellent value, too.

Went to our local TESCO for a bit of preChristmas spending spree, all the prices are up, my printer inks for example, the Black was£5.98 now7.98, and tripack was £15.98 and now 19.98, how can they go up that much in two weeks??? Dont feel like paying that much for them.
I noticed a lot of other things were dearer.My daughter in law says Asda are cheaper, might give them a try. Bernard

I use 7dayshop, too. They're always a good price but the brands they offer at low prices vary from one order to another. I got one lot that was very poor - blurred printing due to the ink spreading because it did not evaporate on the page quickly enough. But over the years, I've saved a fortune with them, so one bad experience was not enough to put me off.
I've recently bought from them a "job lot" that cost me £21 in all. It has set me up in black and coloured ink for the next two years - tried the first cartridges and they seem perfect. Just hope I can use them all before they dry out in the packs!

By the way, their own brand glossy photo paper is excellent value, too.
Have just checked 7day prices, they are dearer than Tesco
Epson inks are, 22.98+9.26

Although everybody I know swears by it, I also found my cartridges were double the price I pay at 7 Day Shop.

I looked in Tesco a few weeks back and saw the price of a complete Epson print pack had gone down to £29.00 - half the cost of my printer.
A week later I reluctantly decided to buy a pack, but the price had shot up to £34.97.
I've decided to stop printing...:)

Better to stop going to Tescos. they have a few excellent bargains, but many so-called bargains are just cons, and the quality of some of their own brand stuff is
terrible

If your printer is consuming too much ink during the printing, try these solutions:

1- Make sure you selected the correct Media Type setting in the printer driver that matches the paper you loaded in the printer.
2- Lower the density of ink in the Paper Configuration menu in the printer driver.

If this doesn't help, try buying a new Lexmark printer ink because they are the best in terms of quality, performance, and price. Thanks!

I looked in Tesco a few weeks back and saw the price of a complete Epson print pack had gone down to £29.00 - half the cost of my printer.
A week later I reluctantly decided to buy a pack, but the price had shot up to £34.97.
I've decided to stop printing...:)
me too phil sinse they now made the ink start to evaporate as soon as you open the new packet.also it is more expensive than champagne, grrrrr

Back