• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Van of Gabriel & Co. Ltd.

I knew this foundry when I worked in the foundry chemical industry, and my dad installed a new induction furnace at their A-B Row premises in the 1970's if I recall correctly. They moved to Tyseley, and later to Smethwick. They went into administration a few years ago and were looking for a buyer, but I don't know if they found one. I do remember the Irish foundry manager, a real character and a good laugh. His first name was Dave, I think, but can't remember his surname.

G

Back