• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Valor Heating

I'm fairly certain this has been on BHF before I came across it when I was adding Aston Road North to the map, I think it's Dobson&Crowther/Rippingilles

Rippingilles did make a similar stove to those in the photo, but these had a flour -shaped motif , whereas Valor had a V-shaped one, as in the factory photograph

ScreenHunter 2492.jpg

Stone me it is you good grief yep at No 3 wait till I tell Colin!!
WOW! are you still in Brum? I am in TN about 4,000 miles away!

The Forum is a great place and super people and Moderators!

I hope you and your family are safe and healthy..............

WOW! are you still in Brum? I am in TN about 4,000 miles away!

The Forum is a great place and super people and Moderators!

I hope you and your family are safe and healthy..............
No I left brum in 91 and live in North Wales colin lives in Lancashire and Susan lives in Devon

Cor all that music and hot dogs
That's why its called Music City! We have hot dogs but mostly BBQ & pulled pork. my daughter and family are coming over on Sunday for dinner. I will smoke a pork butt about 12 pounds for about 12 to 13 hours!

We are a little off subject here, my apologies.

That's why its called Music City! We have hot dogs but mostly BBQ & pulled pork. my daughter and family are coming over on Sunday for dinner. I will smoke a pork butt about 12 pounds for about 12 to 13 hours!

We are a little off subject here, my apologies.
Nice my partner lesley went to New Orleans In 93 she loved it and got hooked on Prawn jambalaya!

Does anyone remember the Valor factory? It made fires. I remember it from the late 60's?
Absolutely yes, I was the pressings manager for about 5 years there from 1994-1999 working under Phil Morel & director Steve Everitt. It was a great place to work & probably one of the best places I have ever worked for so many reasons. My grandmother, auntie & mother worked there 40 years before me but more importantly the people of Brum are undoubtably the best in the world.

Back