• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Valentine day

gingerjon

master brummie
Dont forget Valentine day I have opened a P O box just in case LOL

Valentine
I write these words just for you
From my heart these are true
Looking at you when we first met
I knew from then our love was set
When I left I walked home in a daze
Our love is like a never ending maze
My life is now all ways full of bliss
From your soft tantalising kiss
You are my forever Valentine
And I hope you will always be mine

I am a bit of a cynic myself about Valentines day

I think the people who reap from it are card manufacturers, flower shops, thorntons and resturants....all ready to rip off in the name of lurve

However................to just buy a nice plain card.....and write a piece of poetry in, that you have composed is very special and shows thought.

I also like the thought of a secret admirer pledging his/her love anonomously (soft heart somewhere)

I do strongly feel (as may the laird k8?), that you should show your feelings and try to be special every day, Im sure that there are men and women who lavishly adorn their other halfs on 14th February for show only? I have often said..............please buy me flowers whilst I am alive and I can smell and see them................not when I am in a box

Yeah!  Secret admirer - now that's what Valentine's Day is all about.  Trouble is I've only ever had one secret admirer in my life and when I got the anonymous card it drove me mad for weeks trying to think who might have sent it. :D

Nothing but a money making racket.
I am inclined to agree. I am of the age when we understood that St. Valentine's Day was when you sent a card, anonymously to someone who you secretly admired. But that has changed to cards being sent to all and sundry. ;)
There were, apparently, three people known as Valentine who became martyred in the 3rd. century AD at the time of Emperor Claudius II. Little known about them. one is buried in Rome - a priest of Bishop, another in Terni (said to be a local Bishop) and the third in North Africa along with others. Throughout the middle ages and later it was a religions event, whichever one it is has become the patron of lovers, epileptics and beekeepers.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa Pete, is that thee & me on a branch line to a villa in the sun with a heated swimming pool. When i used to go to Spain I always booked a villa with a heated pool no matter what the temperature. I am a wuss & hate cold water!
i remember someone saying hello wuss, and i was going to floor him. later found out it means mate,in wlesh:)

Back