• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Us Kids By Carole Anne Stafford And Alan Crowe

Astonian

gone but not forgotten
Hi Guys
If you want a good book To read in Bed may I Suggest this book Called Us Kids ,a d its about growing up in Ladywood and the back to backs
The Authors , Written By Carole Stafford , the book is about Carole Whom Describes herself Inside and Out,
So What More Can We had here, but we Should Say more About The Ghost Writer, Scene Painter 'And Mid wife Of This Book,

Alan Crowd Was born in Balsall heath, birmingham 1942.
A Magic Lantern for His 7 the Birthday kindeled An Passionate interest In All Things Cinema , Amateur film making Had Been Alans, life Long
Hobby, but. Aspirations to make block. Busting, all singing, All Dancing, Screen epics were Frustrated by, to much time spent in the billiard hall
problems with his Eye sight brought early retirement and presented The opportunity to shape some of carols early memories
Into A Book, having said that a film version was beyond Armature resources , withcarole ,Alan, runs a film /video. Group in Halesowen,
Making And Showing Local Interest movies The book is an 176 pages and it will make you smile
I Have To say its a must If you Grew upon Ladywood there is Picts of the old nelson street and Edward street and the lyric pic house
Also In the Book it concludes in Nelson Street,Ladywood , The houses were tiny Two and down with cockroaches , cold running water
no bathroom and shared lavorties in the yard,
There were rows and drink and some violence,and there was. Perseverance, humor, affection and hope
Carole Anne Biddle was born and grew up here with her sisters and brothers,her mother and exp,osive father
Growing up in Ladywood , 1945 / 1960 good night guys sleep tight and sweet dreams. Astonian,,,,,,,,

I have this book and it is great but does anyone know if Carole ever wrote the follow up or what happened to her?

Only ever remember one book that was red to me in my childhood it was called BRENDON CHASE.It was about some children playing in woods,and they came across an old man who was a Charcole Burner and the tales he told them.Still remember and I'm nearly 80.

Back