• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Christopher Dodd

Hi Nicky: There is one John Scholar listed on the Friends Reunited web site.
No details just a listing and there is one John Sewell listed in the Birmingham area for the dates you mentioned with some details. You can access the site at www.friendsreunited.co.uk You could send either of them a message through this site and it's free to do so.

Hi Jennyann, thanks so much for your 2 recent links. I tried friends re-united too, I must be rubbish at searching!!
Do you have an account with FR as I dont't so won't be able to email. I wondered if you would mind sending an email to them on my behalf with my email address? If nit then don't worry, I'm sure one of my friends must have access! :)

Hi Nicky:
Friends Reunited is free now so just type in web address and look up what you need.

Hi Nicky:

Just put in the names at top menu where it says "People". If you are looking for someone with a more popular surname then on the left hand side is a place where you can narrow it down with places, approximate ages, etc.
If you are looking for someone and you know which school/schools they attended then put in the school and you will then be able to check the names on those pages and the years they were students. I find if I keep it very simple when typing in the info I am more successful. Good luck.

Hi Nicky: There is one John Scholar listed on the Friends Reunited web site.
No details just a listing and there is one John Sewell listed in the Birmingham area for the dates you mentioned with some details. You can access the site at www.friendsreunited.co.uk You could send either of them a message through this site and it's free to do so.

Hi Jennyann,
Have sent a message last night to a John Scholar from FR, although he had no details listed so I have no idea of schools etc. Fingers crossed it's the right one!!
I've just searched for John Sewell and there are unfortunately none with the same school as my dad. (Harborne Collegiate/Greenmore College)
:(

a cutting from the evening mail. 1980
he was my brother

Attachments

• bsa bantom.jpg
    bsa bantom.jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Back