• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Upper Trinity St Development Digbeth 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the heads up Alan. Just the sort of proposal we should be watching. Think it’s worthy of a separate thread, so shall move your post to a thread called Upper Trinity Scheme proposals. Perhaps our reliable photographer members could bear this in mind on their travels. Thanks. Viv.

Change is often unwelcome and often resisted. But it has always been part of the way things are.
My reason for comment was that much of the city's mediaeval history lies beneath Digbeth and it is very likely that more of the past will be uncovered. I guess those who are involved on an official basis with the archaeology of the city will be making excavations and noting finds, but it is good for those who have interest in historical matters also keep a close eye on it. Just because past official interest has been in the forefront, it does not follow that it will always be so.

agreed alan...beneath the wholesale market lies the ancient moat house...already excavated in the 70s and there are photos of that on the forum...my understanding is that before any work can be done on that site another excavation must take place...see thread below far as i know that has not started yet but i will try and find out when its going to happen

I have drawn a little map showing where this Upper Trinity Street development sits within the rest of the other Digbeth developments. (Edit - see area #5 on attachment)

You can see the map and a description of the other Digbeth developments here:

Attachments

• 255C2B2B-73A7-4C01-B6E4-735F4C72878F.jpeg
    255C2B2B-73A7-4C01-B6E4-735F4C72878F.jpeg
    439.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back