• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Uplands Cemetery Photo Request

If you are trying to find anyone who is buried in Handsworth cemetery you can email them with the date of the funeral etc and they will give you the plot number. I presume other cemeteries would do the same

Hi Carolina, I have always found the staff at Uplands Smethwick very helpful, also Lodge Hill Cemetery in Birmingham.
rosie.

Hi Maggie
I can't believe I missed your post.
Yes it was still outstanding but I have missed your visits.
How frustrating but really very kind of you to offer.
Perhaps another time but if not I still need to visit.
Hope your visit was fruitful.
Kindest regards.

Hi Maggie
I can't believe I missed your post.
Yes it was still outstanding but I have missed your visits.
How frustrating but really very kind of you to offer.
Perhaps another time but if not I still need to visit.
Hope your visit was fruitful.
Kindest regards.

I went there on the Saturday and had a search I couldnt find the grave in section 6, but going by the grave number I found that sequence of numbers in another section , but not that number. I will go to Thimbell Mill office once day next week and enquire there. If its a case of no headstone then i will take a photo of where is would of been It isnt any trouble as It is only 15 mins walk from my Mums care home :) regards

Thank you so much Maggie for your time and efforts.
I'm not sure everyone would think that taking a 15 minute walk out of their way was no trouble!
Really, really appreciate it and I'd love to return the favour (I have 'ancestry' and 'findmypast' subscriptions so don't hesitate to ask if you want anything looking up).

Such a shame if there's no headstone as I'm hoping to bring an elderly relative to visit.

I have attached the entry from the burial register that very helpful Registration Officer sent me from Sandwell Valley Crematorium where the records are held.

cid:12199907-A1D8-47A0-826E-3889E3C50CD7

Think I managed to upload the image in the end!!
See attached.

Attachments

• Uplands register pages.pdf
    874.5 KB · Views: 38
Sorry not been on here for a while so only just spotted your post.
No never did get over or find out if my great grandparents had a headstone despite getting the plot details from staff at Sandwell valley crem.
Would really appreciate if you get the time to look.
Let me know if you need any details sending again.
Thank you in anticipation.

Back