• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Up The Terrace, Down Aston And Lozells By Ronald K Moore

Astonian

gone but not forgotten
Well guys and gals
If you want a good book to read at bed time may i suggest a book called
UP THE TERRACE, DOWN ASTON AND LOZELLS
By Ronald K Moore
A Fascinating Account of life in the back streets of birmingham, before,during and after the first world war
It also as picture of alot of the streets of aston and lozells of the early years which you would not have seen on this forum
Best wishes to you all,,, Astonian,,,,,

Well guys and gals
By Ronald K Moore
A Fascinating Account of life in the back streets of birmingham, before,during and after the first world war
It also as picture of alot of the streets of aston and lozells of the early years which you would not have seen on this forum

Hi I would see more pictures of geach street and Elma street and know where william bros were on the map..Thanks Suzie'

hi suzie just a slight correction ..its alma st not elma st..easy mistake to make ..all of our photos of geach st are on the geach st thread which i think you have posted so i do hope you saw them as they are wonderful photos

all the best

lyn

Well guys and gals
By Ronald K Moore
Another good read is Memories of a Twenties Child by Douglas V jones he used to ork ine the lost property at Miller Street Tram Dept he was a great guy to talk

I was one of the two doing regular audits of Miller Street Lost Property in the late 1950s. Heard some lovely stories down there. :)

Maurice

I've just started reading this book... some great photos, some I haven't seen before.
Lynn.

lynn ive got 2 copies of up the terrace think they are originals 1988 i did have 3 but gave one away recently which was a reprint to someone who was having trouble getting one...good book

lyn

I've just started reading this book... some great photos, some I haven't seen before.
Lynn.
[/QUOTEHi Lyn just to let you see problems with repair slides my daughters doing a wonderful job.

She's bought the Photo shop 2020 programme without this we would be able repair them.

I've found another box of slides I've forgotten which we are working on Salford Bridge, Aston Hall, Aston Park which bring the total to all most 400

Regards Ray
View attachment 149190View attachment 149191

Back