• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Unlock region code

Trebor

master brummie
I don't know if any of you knowledgeable people out there can help unlock a region code, today I have bought a Toshiba SD-P9 1 SKE portable DVD player, I have tried on the internet to find the code to unlock it so that I can make it multi regional.

Regards Trebor

Hello otherhalf, thanks for the reply, I have had a look at the site you suggested, but guess what, my make isn't on there.

When I looked on the internet, there were other people asking about this make and model, and they didn't seem to be having any luck. If I can't unlock it I shall have to take it back!!!!

Regards trebor

Thank you LadyLinda, I have filled in the form and sent it to Toshiba, if I get any help from them I will let you know.

Regards trebor

This works with most Toshiba DVD Players;

1. Power on the player.
2. Open the disk tray.
3. With the remote, enter the numbers 9 8 7 9 and
then press 0 (for region 0, or multiregion). A prompt
at the upper right hand corner of the start screen should tell you that the player has been set to region 0.
4. Close the disk tray.
5. Power off the player and then power it back on.

Thanks Dave for that, I did as you suggested, but it hasn't worked, trust me to buy one that won't do what I want.

Regards trebor

Dave aint usually far out I know nothing about them but as they are imported into different regions are they set for that location as a default setting ??:) and can you reset the default once it has been put in ??

Portable DVD players can be a pain to unlock, this is mainly because they are not made by the manufacturers that have put there name to them. I will have a ask around to see if I can find out more about the Toshiba SD-P91 SKE for you.

This is another for a Toshiba, give it a try.

1. TURN ON THE POWER AND REMOVE ANY DISCS, CLOSE DRAWER
2. WAIT FOR “ NO DISC “ TO APPEAR ON YOUR DVD PLAYER SCREEN
3. USING YOUR REMOTE CONTROL PRESS: REPEAT 5-6-7-3-2-9 CONSECUTIVELY
4. THEN PRESS THE OPEN/CLOSE BUTTON ON YOUR DVD PLAYER
5. NOW TRY A DVD DISC FROM A DIFFERENT REGION

IF THIS IS NOT PROVING SUCESSFUL RESET THE DVD PLAYER BY PRESSING STOP AND PLAY BUTTONS ON THE REMOTE CONTROL FOR 5 SECONDS SIMULTANEOUSLY, DON’T FORGET TO REMOVE ANY DVD DISCS IN THE DRAWER. THEN TRY STEPS 2 – 4 AGAIN.

Dave, it actually works, YOU ARE BRILLIANT, you can't imagine how many e-mails I sent last night, and how many forums I looked at, it seems everyone was looking for this make and model, with no luck, aren't I the lucky one.
I visit the Isle of Wight frequently to see my dad, my husband drives and I usually read but wanted to catch up with dvd's that I have got, I have told my husband that I really will be a back seat driver now, as I know that these players aren't allowed in the front seat.

Thanks again :thumbsup:

trebor (Rita)

Back