• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

unknown places

Hi,

There was, probably still is a Nelson Street near The Sandpits. Used to go for 5th year Physics and Chemistry there.

Hello Wales, in 1952 there was a Bell St In West Bromwich in the Spon Lane Hight St area. Another Bell St. existed near Edgbaston St in The City. I have no idea if these two are still there.
Trevor.

hi all. thanks for the info but post 19 confirms that they all the pics were taken in leeds. mikejee has been doing some digging for us. i still think they are brillient pictures even if they are not of brum.

lyn

GER22VAN, You bet me to it.
THIS IS BELL ST (just off the Bull Ring & Worcester St)
NELSON ST(just off King Edwards Rd & Baker St)
THE BARON(ASTON)

Hi I lived at the top of irving street just off the queens way (before the qeeunsway was built) it was a back st house with 1 bedroom but i cant remember what the yard was called . irving st was the road that runs up by the dome night club has any one got any old photos of this steet.

Hi Colin

These are the only two I can put my hands on.

Phil

LeeBankIrvingSt1961.jpg

LeeBankIrvingStDolphin.jpg

Hi everyone, great photos Wales even if they are not in Birmingham. My mother grew up in a back to back - looking at them made me feel a bit sad - n o wonder she loved her brand new house in Quinton when she married my dad in 1937.
Sheri

Hi pmc
what a suprise you just posted picture i havnt seen since 1961 the second picture was my yard just behind the tree was my house . cheers thats brill

Hi Wales , Wonderful picture's , who called it the good old days ? looks like the poor old day's to me. Thanks for showing them to us. Mike

And to think it was worse for some others for at least the children in the pictures have shoes and clothes.

Like others I found the pictures evocative.

Hi wales
I think you have helped me before and i wonder if you can again. I lived in a b to b at the top of irning street from 1958 till 1961 but cant remember what the yard was called .can you help
colin

cheers rob is that a thread on this site or a web site
colin

Back