• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Unknown Locations

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks could i have some help with the locations of these 2 please..been sorting through my box of photos..

lyn

img217.jpg img219.jpg

Lyn
It is the Green Man, 140/141 Summer Lane. In the 1903 Kellys , John Shaw is at Green Man & W Tennant, incandescent gas mantle dealer is at 139 . Neither are there in 1900 edition. Both continue in Kellys till 1921 edition, but John Shaw leaves (according to electoral rolls) between 1922 & 1925. William Tennant continues till later. Therefore photo was taken between 1900 and 1924

green man summer lane moorsom st.JPG Green Man Summer Lane pre 1900.jpg thanks mike...i really should have known this one but it looks quite different from the later pic of the green man i have..i have also just found an earlier pic of this pub in my files..it was on the corner of summer lane and moorsom st now chitwell croft...on the first pic i posted it shows just a bit of the cross guns pub on the corner of frankfort st... frankfort s still exists...got my bearings now..

cheers

Last edited:
Back